Friday, March 29, 2013

Grapefruit in Space?

I've been making an asteroids clone for a few weeks now... 
The other projects and half finished things I was working on seemed to be too ambitious for a first (finished) game. 

So I'm trying to keep this as simple as I can while still making it interesting enough that I want to actually finish it. 
I have lot's of ideas to expand it, but I wanted to use this as an opportunity to actually finish something, so I will try not to add too many of them.  

Link to magical moving picture thing: https://i.minus.com/iBRr8ioB052M7.gif

Screenshot...



I've implemented(or at least set up) a lot of the base game...

- player control (including gamepad support) 

- medium and large asteroids 

- basic lasers 
- collision
- HUD and camera stuff
- screen shake
- other things I'm forgetting
- also put some time into starting the artwork and music

A playable version will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment